Visit Loire Castles and gardens for memorable French holidays.
CASTLES WITH KIDS
- The Azay-le-Ferron’s Castle and its maiden park: located at 10km of Clos de La Richaudière. This Loire Valley Castle from the 15th century to the 18th century, takes you in another period. The park and the gardens offer a view of the Brenne. Two animations for children are possible to make the outside ride fun, with « le pisteur d’Azay » and « le sentier des traces ».
- The Rivau’s Castle and his fairy tale gardens made an impressive visit for your children with animations created especially for them.
- Montpoupon Castle and its rich story of the hunt with dogs and horses: the visit tour are adapted for families with « Solange the investigate of Montpoupon » or « on the feet of Louise » paper chases.
- Clos Lucé in Amboise: the last Leonardo Da Vinci’s house between 1516 and 1519 where he was invited by the king Francis 1st. Enter on the rooms of this little castle and discover the artist’s work. The park reserve some really nice surprises with the presentation of his inventions that you can test.
- The royal city of Loches and its thousand years of history where have come Jeanne d’Arc, Agnes Sorel, Anne de Bretagne and Charles 7. Walk in family in this beautiful royal city fortified and take time to stroll in surroundings streets.
LOIRE CASTLES AND THEIR REMARKABLE GARDENS
- The Valençay’s Castle is one of most prestigious Val de Loire’s monument. This is the castle of the Prince de Talleyrand, who was an important actor of the history of France and Europe and the minister of Napoleon. The architecture of this monument was built in the Middle Age during the 18th century; the result is surprising but very harmonious. This French gardens, the green park and the forest which are arounds the castle are an invitation to walk. To enjoy your children: discover the Napoléon’s labyrinth and fragrance game for an original activity.
- Chenonceau’s Castle and its gallery above the Cher is a Renaissance work with an architecture unique in the world. The story of this castle is singular because it was always been loved and protected by women, therefore its name « le Château des Dames » (Ladies castle). Among these ladies there were Diane de Poitiers, Catherine de Médicis and Louise de Lorraine. This castle is jewel of elegance. Its Renaissance gardens French style boost her beauty and is an inspiration source for the creation of clumps floral workshop, unique initiative in France. Take time to appreciate, to savour this area which reserve nice surprises.
The Chaumont-sur-Loire Domain was at the origin a medieval fortress razed in 1465 by Louis XI and reconstructed in a castle with the Renaissance style.
Our advice : From april to october the castle welcome on its park the international gardens festival. A visit during this period will charm lovers of gardens creations.
- The Villandry’s Castle and its gardens constitute one of the Loire’s Valley’s jewel. This lovely Renaissance style castle is enhanced by wonderful gardens on four levels : limetree alleys, yews in topiary, boxwood, flowers and vegetables, colours and multiple sentences, all is reunited for a day with serenity and beauty. Open all the year.
- Amboise’s Castle overhang the Loire, river classified in the World Heritage. French Kings lived in this jewel of Renaissance’s architecture between the 15th and 19th century. The most remarkable element of this building is the two towers with exceptional dimensions to permit to horses-led to pass on the edge of Loire by the castle terrace. This visit can be combined with the visit of Clos Lucé.
THE INTERNATIONAL REPUTATION’S SITES:
- Chambord’s Castle and its enigmatic architecture is one of the most remarkable monument of the Renaissance. Francis First and Leonardo da Vinci have an important role on this Castle. The stairs in « double revolutions » by Leonardo Da Vinci is the most surprising element of the castle’s architecture, which is still a fascination for the visitors.
« Imagine, my dear Paul, that since I had seen Chambord, I’m going to ask each person: have you seen Chambord? ».Victor Hugo
And you, what do you have to tell after this visit?
- Cheverny’s Castle is one of the most nicely furnished. This lord property have the same family since 6 centuries! It’s also a famous area for fox-hunting. But this Castle is renowned all around the world with the adventures of Tintin. In fact, it’s this Castle which inspirited the Moulinsart’s Castle of the book. A permanent exposition « les secrets de Moulinsart » (Moulinsart’s secret) allows to discover the universe of the character Tintin à Moulinsart; this exposition will interest kids and adult in all seasons.
THE SECRET’S GARDENS BETWEEN BERRY AND TOURAINE
- Poulaine’s domain: a remarkable garden close to Valençay on the edge of a little river, it’s an English style park with a magnificent roses garden, lavender, iris and many perennial plants.
- The lover garden at Saint-Valentin, in the north of Châteauroux.
- The George Sand’s house and its park in Nohant, nearby to La Châtre.